Blessed is He in Whose hand is the Sovereignty, and, He is Able to do all things. Who hath created life and death that He may try you [to prove] which of you is best in conduct.
Surah 67 Al-Mulk (The Sovereignty), ayat 1 & 2
- 1947 - 1952: Bhasha Andolon (Language Movement)
- 1970: Bhola Cyclone
- 1971: Muktijuddho / Sangram / Swadhinata Juddho (Bangladesh Liberation War)
- 1975: Assassination of Sheikh Mujibur Rahman
- 1975: Char Neta Hoitta & Sipahi-Janata Biplob - UNDER CONSTRUCTION
- 1981: Assassination of Ziaur Rahman
Coming soon, In sha Allah...
- Ancient period - 12th century: Buddhist & Hindu roots
- 1202: Arrival of Islam
- 1576-1757: Mughal arrive in Bengal and make Dhaka the capital
- 1578: Portuguese - the first Europeans in Bengal
- 1717-1757: Introducing the Nawabs
- 1770: Chhiattorer monnontor kills 10 million
- 1775-1941: Bengali Renaissance
- 1857: Sepoy Mutiny
- 1905: Bongabongo - partition of Bengal
- 1943: Man-made Bengal famine kills 3 million
- 1947: Partition of British India leads to creation of East Bengal
- 1954: Ekush Dafa (21-Point) of Jukto Front
- 1966: 6-Dafa Karmasuchi (Six Point Movement) led by Sheikh Mujibur Rahman
- 1968: Agartala Shorojontro Mamla (Agartala Conspiracy Case)
- 1973: First general election of Bangladesh
- 1974: Bangladesh famine kills over 1.5 million
- 1975: Jail killing of four leaders & Sipahi-Janata Biplob (Soldiers-Public Revolution)
- 1983: Ershad becomes Rashtopoti (President)
- 1989: Daulatpur-Saturia Tornado
- 1991: Gorky Cyclone kills 138,000
- 1996: 30-year treaty on sharing of the Ganges water with India
- 1997: Chittagong Hill Tracts Peace Accord
- 2005: Terrorist group JMB simultaneously detonates 500 bombs in 300 different locations
- 2006: Muhammad Yunus and Grameen win Nobel Peace Prize
- 2007: Khaleda Zia & Sheikh Hasina arrested
- 2007: Cyclone Sidr kills over 3,000
- 2009: Verdict of Bangabandhu Murder Case
- 2011: 10th Cricket World Cup held in Bangladesh, India, and Sri Lanka
- 2013: Trial of War Criminals
"Dam Diye Kinechi Bangla" by Abdul Latif
We have a special request for the youngsters - please connect with your elders.
Your elders have sacrificed A LOT for the betterment of your future. As a generation who had to live through the trauma of Swadhinata Juddho (Bangladesh Liberation War), this is your golden - and last - opportunity to hear from this dying generation of their personal experiences.
Don't miss this chance to bond with your loved ones because they're not going to be around for long.
May Allah bless Bangladesh and our People. Ameen.