The 10th Cricket World Cup was held between 19 February - 2 April 2011 and co-hosted by Bangladesh, India and Sri Lanka. It was Bangladesh's first time co-hosting a World Cup and the first time in it's young and turbulent history that such a major spectacle was being held in the country. Bangladeshis cast aside our reserved image and proudly displayed our sporting passion to the global audience.
The opening ceremony for this prestigious global event was allocated to Bangladesh and held in the Sher-e-Bangla Stadium, Dhaka two days before the opening match - Bangladesh vs India.
Timeline of major events during 10th Cricket World Cup held in Bangladesh, India & Sri Lanka in 2011
10th Cricket World Cup held in Bangladesh, India & Sri Lanka (2011) history
- Cricket World Cup, late Asian bid wins landslide victory
- Pakistan stripped off hosting after Sri Lankan bus attack
- First major international spectacle hosted by Bangladesh, Bangladesh's World Cup record
- Opening ceremony in Bangladesh, opening match between Bangladesh and India
- Unforgettable moments
- Knockout stages
- Chak de India!
- Aftermath: Tigers to host T20 Championship, Farmer's World Cup held in Mymensingh